1. When does coverage begin?
Your Protection Plan starts on the day you purchased your plan. Coverage for Accidental Damage plans starts on the purchase date while coverage for mechanical and electrical failures begins the moment the item’s manufacturer warranty ends.
2. How quickly can I expect to receive service?
You can file a claim with BestBuyGaming any time, 24/7, online at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our top-rated service agents are here to help you diagnose and troubleshoot any issues you may have before ever filing a claim. We aim to get you back to good again, fast.
3. What does the 5-day Service Guarantee mean?
The 5-day Service Guarantee is offered to all BestBuyGaming Customers. We stand behind our service and expect that we can repair or replace your product within five business days. If the service takes longer than five business days of receipt at our repair depot, you can request a refund for the cost of the service plan you purchased. The time to repair your product does not include shipping time to or from our repair facilities.
4. What is Accident Protection?
Accident Protection, or Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH), covers your laptop from any accidents from normal use starting on day 1. Plans that include accident protection cover damage from accidents like drops and spills during the term of the protection plan.
5. When will I receive a service contract?
Your service contract will be emailed to you within 24 to 48 hours of your plan purchase. Please file the emailed details of your contract in a safe place for future reference.
6. What does a Accident Protection plan cover? What does a Accident Protection plan not cover?
Accident Protection Plans covers all mechanical/electrical failures that happen during normal use, such as button failure, depleted (non-replaceable) batteries, and non-responsive charging ports or audio jacks. Plans that include accident protection also cover damage from accidents like drop and spills.
If a protected item is damaged and we determine it can be repaired, we cover 100% of the cost of parts and labor. If your item is irreparable, we’ll contact you to discuss options for replacing your item. Coverage lasts for the term of your plan or until the coverage amount of your plan (generally equal to item purchase price) is used up.
Some of the things that are NOT covered by a Accident Protection Plan include:
– Damage from misuse, negligence, loss or theft
– Consumable items such as light bulbs, fuses, and batteries (unless offered as a special/premium feature on select warranties)-
– Products intended for heavy commercial or industrial use
– Pre-existing conditions, dead-on-arrival (DOA) items, or issues that occur within any exclusionary period
7. I just bought a new device. How many days do I have to protect it?
You have up to 30 days from when you purchased the item to protect it with a Accident Protection Plan. We will verify the purchase date when you submit your item receipt during the claim filing process.
If you purchased an item that requires it to be delivered to you, you will instead have up to 30 days from the day you receive the item. We may ask you to verify the delivery date with a copy of your shipping receipt during the claim filing process.